You share your vision, we do the rest!
Your team wants to contribute to the local community, but it can be hard to know where to start. That’s where we come in. We have 20 years of experience engaging corporate volunteers, promoting literacy, and creating vibrant centers of learning in underserved schools and communities across the country. We work closely with school districts, schools, and community organizations to understand their greatest needs.
Knowing this, we are here to engage your team of volunteers in working together to make a difference in your local school or community organization.
Join us in transforming school libraries, education spaces and youth centers in under-served communities across America into vital and vibrant centers of learning. Turn these spaces into the heart of a school or organization through our Makeover Programs or smaller-scale Classroom Library models. Your team will be engaged in a high-touch event which could include:
- Conducting Read-Alouds with students,
- Distributing student book sets for children to create their own personal home libraries,
- Creating a vibrant center of learning by building shelving and furniture, shelving new books, setting up technology and preparing design elements,
- Leading fun, interactive educational activities with students,
- Sharing parent resources and sibling books with families,
- Unveiling a new library, reading space, reading garden, computer lab or parent resource center in a customized kickoff event,
- Giving high-fives to deserving students and thrilled teachers,
What Does It Take to Get Started?
1) Where do you want to serve? Do you have a local school or youth serving organization in mind? As soon as we know your desired market, we do the rest. We can also help you choose one. Once selected we’ll work with the school’s/organization’s leadership to assemble the right people to make the project happen.
2) What do you want to focus on? A book distribution or technology? Revitalizing an out-of-date educational space? Both? Are there any specific themes you’d like to promote beyond general education (i.e., health and wellness, parent resources, financial literacy, technology, etc.)? As soon as we help you pinpoint your goals, we do the rest. We have an expert books team and in-house design team to help identify the best resources for your project; plus preferred vendors who have trusted experience delivering our vision.
3) How would you like your volunteer experience to roll out? How many volunteers would you like to engage from your company, which day of the week, and for how many hours? Are there any additional community partners you’d like to involve in your team? As soon as we help define your ideal volunteer experience, we do the rest.
We make this process simple, yet engaging and meaningful for you and your team. You are on board every step of the way and you can choose your level of engagement. We customize and tailor your project to your needs.
Picture this: You and your team of ten to two hundred or more volunteers have arrived at a local school or organization in need of your help. As you walk into the school, you can’t help but notice the smiles on children’s faces. Their teachers have promised something exciting will be happening, and as you and your fellow volunteers arrive, the kids know today is the day!
These children are our future. Thanks to you they’ll now have greater access to the valuable resources they need to learn and succeed.
By partnering with us on your day of service, you and your team will make an important, lasting impact. We’re sure you’ll have a great time and share some high-fives and lots of smiles, too!
First, you chose from a list of our projects that fit your team’s interests and the time you had available. Then we designed experiences to directly benefit your community, as well as your organization’s goals to:
- Engage your employees in the communities where they live and work
- Promote team building
- Build stronger relationships with the local community
- Integrate your brand in a customized kickoff event
- Solicit media coverage of your project
- Connect with community leaders
- Expose a community to your team’s expertise and organizational culture
- Make a difference in children’s lives