Is your company looking for an opportunity to give back to the community?
The Heart of America Foundation® is a national nonprofit that creates turn-key volunteer opportunities to engage your team in a meaningful volunteer experience with children and literacy at the focus. When you partner with us, your team can make a difference in your community or across the nation!
You share your vision, we do the rest!
Your team wants to contribute to the local community, but it can be hard to know where to start. That’s where we come in. We have 20 years of experience engaging corporate volunteers, promoting literacy, and creating vibrant centers of learning in underserved schools and communities across the country. We work closely with school districts, schools, and community organizations to understand their greatest needs.
When your corporate teams partner with us you can choose from a list of projects that can be designed to meet your team’s interests, goals and available time. Whether your team members can volunteer for an hour, or a day, you can be assured their contribution will benefit thousands of children in your local school community, not just this year, but for years to come.
Knowing this, we are here to engage your team of volunteers in working together to make a difference in your local school or community organization. To get started is easy! Just click to contact our Associate Director of Communications, Christine Lucas and she’ll begin exploring how we can work together.
Got an Hour? Got a Day? Let’s Go!
Have only a few hours?
Through our Books From The Heart® Program, we’re ready to help you distribute new children’s books to school, classroom and home libraries, to help students gain the tools they need to succeed in school. Hold an on-site book drive, or host an online bookdrive–you decide!
Join us in transforming school libraries, education spaces and youth centers in under-served communities across America into vital and vibrant centers of learning. Turn these spaces into the heart of a school or organization through our Makeover Programs or smaller-scale Classroom Library models. Your team will be engaged in a high-touch event which could include:
- Conducting Read-Alouds with students,
- Distributing student book sets for children to create their own personal home libraries,
- Creating a vibrant center of learning by building shelving and furniture, shelving 2,000 new books, setting up technology and preparing design elements,
- Leading fun, interactive educational activities with students,
- Sharing parent resources and sibling books with families,
- Unveiling a new library, reading space, reading garden, computer lab or parent resource center in a customized kickoff event,
- Giving high-fives to deserving students and thrilled teachers,
What Does It Take to Get Started?
Just answer these three questions, and we are ready to rock!
1) WHERE do you want to serve? Do you have a local school or youth serving organization in mind? As soon as we know your desired market, we do the rest. We can also help you choose one. Once selected we’ll work with the school’s/organization’s leadership to assemble the right people to make the project happen.
2) WHAT do you want to focus on? A book distribution or technology? Revitalizing an out-of-date educational space? Both? Are there any specific themes you’d like to promote beyond general education (i.e., health and wellness, parent resources, financial literacy, technology, etc.)? As soon as we help you pinpoint your goals, we do the rest. We have an expert books team and in-house design team to help identify the best resources for your project; plus preferred vendors who have trusted experience delivering our vision.
3) HOW would you like your volunteer experience to roll out? How many volunteers would you like to engage from your company, which day of the week, and for how many hours? Are there any additional community partners you’d like to involve in your team? As soon as we help define your ideal volunteer experience, we do the rest.
We make this process simple, yet engaging and meaningful for you and your team. You are on board every step of the way and you can choose your level of engagement. We customize and tailor your project to your needs.
Ready to get started? Click to contact us today!
PS: We Handle All the Details
our expertise in education, project management, relationship building and volunteer management, for starters. In addition:
- We’ll manage your project and serve as your dedicated sponsor, school and vendor liaison.
- We work closely with national book and technology vendors and stock our own warehouse.
- Our team is skilled in architecture and design.
- We can customize activities and branded materials with your organization in mind.
- We’ll develop a customized kickoff event for you to celebrate the school community you select.
But it doesn’t end there. We continue to track and report on your impact.
You share your vision, and we’ll do the rest!
We’re ready to get to work! Click to contact us today!
Today is the Day!
Picture this: You and your team of ten to two hundred or more volunteers have arrived at a local school or organization in need of your help. As you walk into the school, you can’t help but notice the smiles on children’s faces. Their teachers have promised something exciting will be happening, and as you and your fellow volunteers arrive, the kids know today is the day!
These children are our future. Thanks to you they’ll now have greater access to the valuable resources they need to learn and succeed.
By partnering with us on your day of service, you and your team will make an important, lasting impact. We’re sure you’ll have a great time and share some high-fives and lots of smiles, too!
Today You’ll Make a Lasting Difference
Today is the result of months of careful planning. First, you chose from a list of our projects that fit your team’s interests and the time you had available. Then we designed experiences to directly benefit your community, as well as your organization’s goals to:
- Engage your employees in the communities where they live and work
- Promote team building
- Build stronger relationships with the local community
- Integrate your brand in a customized kickoff event
- Solicit media coverage of your project
- Connect with community leaders
- Expose a community to your team’s expertise and organizational culture
- Make a difference in children’s lives
We’ve prepared a fun, interactive experience for your group that will last a full, half or partial day (whatever format works best to meet your team’s needs). We have designed your day of service to be a turn-key project that will provide necessary tools to children who need them most. We’ll break into smaller teams to divvy up preparation of these new resources you’ve helped provide, which may include:
- New library books, themed classroom book sets, personal home collections
- Sibling books and parent resources
- Cutting edge technology (iPads, e-readers, laptops, mobile carts, educational apps and software, interactive white boards, etc.)
…and, possibly, a new reading space or library (complete with kid-friendly furniture, new shelving, bright paint and innovative design elements) to house them all.
In as little as an hour, or throughout a school day, your team can be engaged in an event which may include:
- Conducting Read-Alouds with students
- Distributing student book sets for children to create their own personal home libraries
- Transforming your educational space by building shelving and furniture, shelving 2,000 new books, building shelving and furniture, setting up technology and preparing design elements to create engaging learning environments
- Leading fun, interactive educational activities with students
- Sharing parent resources and sibling books with families
- Unveiling a new library, reading space, reading garden, computer lab or parent resource center in a customized kickoff event
- Giving high-fives to deserving students and thrilled teachers
Your Successful Day of Service is Just a Click Away!
Join us! There’re lots of kids in your community who are excited for us to partner up and get to work! Our turn-key community service programs ensure every moment of your day is focused on results that will benefit your community both today and well into the future. We’re ready to get to work! Contact us now, or:
With eighteen years of experience, we pride ourselves on running efficient, well-organized events. Here’s what our volunteers say . . .
“Excellent execution. What an impact!”
“What I liked most was seeing the kids’ faces when they received their books.”
“This experience made my day, week, month!”
“Sometimes people forget how much of a difference they can make when they give a little of themselves. Thank you for this opportunity today! It made a difference in my life as well!”
First Lady Michelle Obama, 2010
Laura Bush, Former First Lady of the United States
“I would volunteer again because I felt what we accomplished was something that will bring enjoyment to the children for many years to come.”
“I liked the entire experience – the excitement on the children’s faces when they were read to [today].”
“I was so honored to be a part of this event! Thank you to the heart of America for organizing this event and pouring your hearts into what you do. We made a difference together!”